How to activate the AUX function - Mercedes NTG 4.5 4.7
As you know, some models of Mercedes Benz do not have AUX function, or do not display AUX, but not work.
Just because they have to activate AUX does not mean that they have sound for an external audio-video device.
Here is the procedure to activate the original Benz NTG4.5 NTG4.0 NTG4.7 OEM auxiliary:
1) Press the 3 buttons on the control panel and wait 6 seconds to activate "Factory" mode as in the photo below,
and enter engineering mode.
2) Use the original Comand joystick to choose the 7.HW setting on the Engineering model as in the photo below and press the button to confirm and go to the next page:
3) Select 7.HW Setting (1/2) page, choose 7.7 HU Parameter with the joystick comand as in the picture below then press the joystick to enter the following page:
4) Select 7.7 HU Parameter (1/4) page, choose (4) Audio AUX: OFF like the picture below and choose Audio AUX ON, After finish setting, Audio AUX can be chosen. and to use an external AV device, If Audio Aux is displayed in gray, could not be chosen, then press continuously operate as below:
5) Press the Back button on the last photo to enter the parameter 7.HW (1/2), Choose the parameter 7.5 TGW and press the joystick comand to enter the following page:
6) Select the 7.5TGW parameter and choose (1) MOST: OFF, Press the control button to ON as below 3 photos:
7) Select the 7.5TGW parameter and choose (2) Audio Source: Internal Amp. And press the joystick
to enter the next page: Attention: Some cars choose the external amplifier which has no sound, when it happens, please lock and the car and leave the car in standby mode 10 minutes, then enter 7.5TGW parameter to choose the internal amplifier, and the car in standby mode 10 minutes again, everything will be ok. When AUX sound fully activated, then install CarPlay Android auto or Android with Carplay module .
8) Enter the Audio Source page and choose External Amplifier and select using your joystick. Once the setting is complete, enter the photo below, then press the Back button to enter the last page:
9) After choosing External Amplifier and returning to the last page, it would display Audio Aux. Then choose Audio AUX ON, enter engineering mode (1/2) and press return to return to the next page:
10) Enter engineering mode (2/2) and choose 9.System Reset and press button to enter below photo:
11) Enter 9.System Reset to choose 9.1Reset and press the joystick below to confirm the reset or not, Please Yes.to reset HU System.
12) Finally lock the door and get out of the car to wait 10 minutes, then start the car and the AUX will work properly.
Carplay modules compatible with Mercedes benefiting from the NTG 4.5 and 4.7 system